Sunday, April 29, 2018

Face to face with Gaming legends.

Greetings to my gentile readers. It is with much excitement that I report on my weekend at Little Wars 2018. The real purpose of my attendance was to assist the wife of one of our fallen but never forgotten comrades Mike Adams. As reported previously in this blog Mike passed much too early in this life. We (Mary Adams, Wendell, My wife Helen and myself) were engaged in selling Mike's massive collection of figures many that have been seen in reports of ancient games on these humble pages.
We did homage to Mike in the selling of many of his figures to other gamers who will keep them in the fight for many years to come. But for me the greatest pleasure was derived from meeting many of the 'Greats' in war gaming!
I met and spoke with the following heroes. Note that these are not listed in any particular order.
Howard Whitehouse
Todd Fisher
Herb Gunt
Kevin Cabai
Jim Roots
John Butler
Tony Adams
Erik Merchant
And of course many others that my feeble mind can not bring to the surface at this minute but that I will remember some night in the middle of my sleep!
What a wonderful weekend I had.
Many, many thanks to all of the people who purchased Mike's figures and books. May those colorful and brave warriors bring you glory and victory in your games!
Thanks again,
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment